The Class of 2018 Summer Undergraduate Interns at Carnegie
Summer Student Program Details
The dates for the 2019 Summer Undergraduate Research program are June 17 - August 23, 2019.
- A complete schedule of events and deadlines for the summer.
- Information about the reports and deadlines for the program.
- The schedule of research talks for the summer.
- Carnegie Observatories Statement on Community
- Our Alumni Page
- Videos from the 2017 Summer Student Symposium
Carnegie Observatories Resources
- The Carnegie Observatories Help pages. For technical info specific to our campus.
- Local information about Pasadena.
- Approachable Experts.
- Carnegie's Vox Charta page (listing of papers we discuss at morning tea)
- Unix tutorial for beginners.
- Slides from Andrew Benson's Unix tutorial
- Resources specific to the Python programming language.
- Resources specific to the IDL programming language.
- Tech Savvy Tutorials.
Professional Development Resources
- Impostor Syndrome
- Getting the most out of the relationship with your mentor
- Science and Politics
- Scientific Writing Suggestions
- Scientific Writing Exercise
- Astronomy Careers Outside Academia
- AstroBetter: A blog with lots of useful resources for the astronomer.
- Astrobites: write-ups about astronomy papers by grad students for undergraduates
- AAS Committee on the Status of Minorities in Astronomy
- AAS Committee on the Status of Women in Astronomy
- AAS Committee for Sexual Orientation and Gender Minorities in Astronomy
- Women in Astronomy blog
- Astronomy in Color blog
- Working Group on Accessibility and Disability
Here is a map of our buildings with room numbers. It is a bit out of date (some rooms have been split and the basement of the Hunt building has been reorganized a bit). Below is a complete map of our campus.